So you’ve decided it’s time to get your first credit card, or maybe you’re just looking to add another one to your wallet. Either way, the State Bank of India offers some attractive credit card options with great rewards and benefits. The good news is, applying for an SBI credit card is quick and easy to do online. In just a few minutes, you can fill out an application on their website and get a decision instantly. If approved, your new card will arrive in about a week or so, ready to use for all your shopping, dining, and travel needs. The hardest part is choosing between the different cards like Platinum, Gold, or SimplySave and their varying rewards rates and bonus offers. But don’t worry, we’ll walk you through the application process step-by-step so you can pick the best SBI card for your needs and be using it in no time.
Register for Online SBI Account (If You Don’t Already Have One)
To apply for an SBI credit card online, you’ll first need to register for an online SBI account if you don’t already have one.
- Go to SBI’s website and click “Register Now” under the login button. This will take you to the registration page.
- Enter details like your name, date of birth, email ID, and mobile number. These details will be used to verify your identity, so make sure the information is accurate.
- Create a username and password for your account. Choose a username and password that you can easily remember but that others can’t easily guess.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and email ID. This one-time password is used to verify that you have access to those contact details.
- Set up your profile by entering additional information like your address, annual income, occupation, etc. The more complete your profile, the easier it will be for SBI to evaluate your credit card application.
- Upload scanned copies of your ID and address proof. Acceptable documents include Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport, driver’s license, etc. These documents are required to verify your identity and home address.
- Your online SBI account will now be active! You can now log in with your username and password to apply for an SBI credit card. The application process is quite straightforward and can be completed in just a few minutes.
With your online SBI account set up, you’re ready to apply for your new credit card. SBI offers cards for every need, so take your time to explore the options and pick one suited to your spending habits and needs. Happy shopping!
Choose an SBI Credit Card That Suits Your Needs
Choosing the right SBI credit card for your needs is key. SBI offers cards for every type of spender, so take some time to evaluate how you can maximize rewards.
If you’re a frequent traveler, consider the SBI Air India Signature card which offers accelerated reward points on travel and dining spending that can be redeemed for free flights. The annual fee is a bit steep but may be worth it for the perks.
For everyday spending, the SimplySAVE Advantage card is a solid choice. You’ll earn reward points on all purchases that can be redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and more. There’s no annual fee so you can earn rewards without the extra cost.
If you want to earn cashback on essentials, check out the SBI Cashback card. You’ll get 5% cashback at grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants which can add up quickly. Cashback is automatically credited to your account so no redemption needed.
For those looking to transfer balances, the SBI Platinum card offers an extended 0% APR period so you have extra time to pay off balances without interest charges. After the intro period, a competitive ongoing APR applies to new purchases.
With so many great options, you’re sure to find an SBI card that matches your spending personality. Apply on SBI’s website and you could be using your new card in just a few business days. Now that’s rewarding!
Check Your Eligibility for the SBI Credit Card
Before you start the online application process for an SBI credit card, you’ll want to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria. This will save you time and avoid potential frustration if you apply but are denied due to not qualifying.
Check Your Age
To apply for an SBI credit card, you must be at least 21 years of age. Some cards may require you to be at least 23 or 25, so double check the specific requirements for the card you’re interested in.
Meet the Minimum Income Requirement
SBI has minimum income requirements for all of their credit cards which vary depending on the card. In general, you’ll need a stable and verifiable monthly income. Salaried applicants should have a minimum salary of ₹15,000 per month. Self-employed individuals need to show at least ₹2 lakh annual income. Some premium cards require significantly higher incomes.
Check Your Credit Score
Most SBI cards require a credit score of at least 650 to 700, while premium cards typically need scores of 750 or above. Check your credit report to make sure there are no errors before applying. If needed, you can take steps to improve your score by paying down debt and limiting new applications.
Provide Required Documents
To complete the online application, you’ll need to provide documents to verify your identity, income, and address. These typically include:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Passport (if PAN/Aadhaar not available)
- Latest bank statements (last 3-6 months)
- Latest salary slips (last 3 months)
- Form 16 (for salaried applicants)
- ITR (for self-employed individuals)
Meeting these basic eligibility criteria will ensure your SBI credit card application has the highest chance of approval. Be ready to provide any requested documents or information to expedite the process. With some preparation, you’ll be using your new SBI credit card in no time!
Gather the Required Documents for Verification
To apply for an SBI credit card online, you’ll need to gather some important documents to verify your identity and eligibility.
Proof of Identity
To prove who you are, you’ll need a copy of your:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
Any government-issued ID with your photo and signature will work. Have a digital copy ready to upload.
Proof of Income
You’ll need to provide documents showing your income and employment status. This could include:
- Salary slips from the last 3 months
- Form 16
- Income tax returns from the last 2 years
- Bank statements highlighting salary credits
For self-employed individuals or business owners, provide your company’s financial statements, income tax returns, and bank statements.
Upload a copy of a utility bill, rental agreement, or bank statement issued within the last 3 months that shows your current residential address.
A recent color photograph of yourself against a light background. The photo must be in .jpg, .png or .gif format and not exceed 100 KB in size.
Once you have clear digital copies of the necessary documents, you’re ready to start your SBI credit card application online. Be prepared to enter personal information like your PAN, date of birth, annual income, and employment details. The verification process helps prevent fraud and ensures only eligible applicants are approved.
Providing complete and accurate information upfront will help expedite the approval of your SBI credit card application. Make sure to double check that all documents are authentic and up-to-date before submitting your application. If anything looks off or outdated, the bank may ask you for additional details or reject your application.
Fill in the SBI Credit Card Application Form Online
Once you’ve decided to apply for an SBI credit card, it’s time to fill out the application form. The entire application process can be completed online for your convenience.
Gather the Required Documents
To apply for an SBI credit card, you’ll need some standard documents like:
- Your PAN card number
- Address proof (like Aadhaar card, utility bills)
- Income proof (such as salary slips, ITR)
- Bank account statements for the last 3-6 months
Have these ready to upload digital copies of them.
Visit the SBI Card Website
Go to sbicard.com and click “Apply Now” to start a new application. You’ll be asked some initial questions to determine which card products you may be eligible for based on your income and credit score. Select a card that suits your needs.
Enter Your Personal Details
Next, you’ll need to provide personal information like your name, date of birth, PAN number, mother’s maiden name, present and permanent addresses, and occupation details. Double check that all details entered are accurate.
Add Income and Bank Details
Enter details of your annual income, income sources, and bank account information like account number and bank name. Upload scanned copies of your income and bank statements as needed.
Review and Submit
Carefully review all the information entered in the application form to ensure there are no errors or omissions. Once reviewed, click “Submit” to complete the application process.
You can check the status of your SBI credit card application on the website using your application reference number. It typically takes between 7 to 14 business days for your application to be reviewed and approved. If approved, your new SBI credit card should arrive within 7 to 10 business days.
Following these steps carefully will help ensure your SBI credit card application is processed smoothly. Be sure to provide complete and accurate information for the best chance of approval. Good luck!
Upload the Required Documents
To apply for an SBI credit card online, you’ll need to upload certain documents to verify your identity and eligibility.
Proof of Identity
To prove your identity, upload a scanned copy of your PAN card. Your PAN or Permanent Account Number is a 10-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department of India. If you don’t have a PAN card, you can submit your voter ID, passport, or driver’s license.
Proof of Address
Next, submit a document to confirm your current residential address, such as your Aadhaar card, utility bills like electricity or water bills, or a rental agreement. The address on the document should match the one you entered in your application.
As part of determining your eligibility and credit limit, SBI will need to verify your income. Upload your latest Form 16, salary slips for the last 3 months, or bank statements showing salary credits. If you’re self-employed, you can submit your financials, tax returns, or audited account statements.
Depending on the type of card you’re applying for, SBI may request additional documents. For a premium card, you may need to submit your educational certificates or details of the assets you own. If you want an add-on card for your spouse or child, upload their PAN card and address proof as well.
Once you’ve uploaded all the necessary documents, double check that the files are clear, the information is correct, and your personal details match across all the documents. Then, submit your application and the documents for verification. SBI will review your application and documents to determine if you qualify for the card you want. If approved, your new SBI credit card will be mailed to you in about a week.
Pay the Application Processing Fees (If Applicable)
Once you’ve submitted your SBI credit card application, you may have to pay an application processing fee to complete it. Not all SBI cards charge a fee, but for those that do, it typically ranges from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1500.
Check if a Fee Applies to Your Card
The card details page on SBI’s website will specify if an application fee is required for the card you applied for. Some cards like SimplySAVE Advantage and SimplyCLICK Advantage do not have any application fees. Premium cards usually do charge a fee due to the additional perks and rewards they offer.
Pay the Fee Online
If a fee applies, you’ll receive payment instructions from SBI via email, SMS or on their website. The fastest way to pay is online through:
- Net banking – Log into your SBI account and select the option to pay your credit card application fee. Enter the details from the payment instructions to complete the transaction.
- Debit card – On the SBI payments page, enter your debit card number, CVV and expiry date to pay via debit card.
- UPI apps – You can use payment apps like Google Pay, PhonePe or Paytm to scan the UPI QR code or enter the UPI ID provided to pay the fee through UPI.
Fee Payment Alternatives
If you prefer not to pay online, you can also pay the application fee through:
- Cash deposit at an SBI ATM or branch – Fill out a deposit slip with the details provided and deposit the cash.
- Cheque – Send a cheque for the full amount payable to ‘State Bank of India A/c (your name)’ to the address specified. Write your application reference details on the back of the cheque.
Once SBI receives your application fee payment, they will process your application within 7 to 14 business days. You should receive your new SBI credit card within 10 to 15 days after approval. Activating your card and setting a spending limit will complete the application process and allow you to start using your card.
Track Your SBI Credit Card Application Status
Once you’ve submitted your SBI credit card application, the next step is to track its status to ensure there are no issues and it’s progressing. ###There are a few ways to check on your application:
- Call SBI’s 24-hour customer service hotline. Provide details like your name, date of birth, and application number to get an update on your application status. The agent should be able to let you know if any further documents or information are needed from you, or if your application has been approved.
- Check online using your application number. Log in to SBI’s website or mobile banking app and enter your application number to view the latest status. The status will show as “under review,” “pending approval,” “approved,” or “rejected.” If rejected, the reason will be specified so you can take appropriate action.
- Look for updates via email or SMS. SBI will send you notifications regarding your application status through the contact information you provided. Be on the lookout for emails or texts from SBI to stay on top of your application.
- Visit your nearest SBI branch. For a quick in-person update, visit the branch where you submitted your application. Bring your acknowledgment slip or application number and the branch staff should be able to check on your application status.
The time taken to review and approve credit card applications can vary depending on factors like eligibility, documentation, credit score, etc. While the typical turnaround is 7 to 14 business days, it’s best to start tracking your application status within a week of applying. Staying on top of the progress will ensure there are no unwanted surprises, and you’ll be the first to know once your new SBI credit card is on its way!
SBI Credit Card Application FAQs: Questions Answered
So you’ve decided to apply for an SBI credit card. That’s great! SBI offers a variety of credit cards with different benefits and rewards to suit your needs. Before you start the application process, here are some common questions people have about applying for an SBI credit card.
What documents will I need?
To apply for an SBI credit card, you will need to provide some basic documents to verify your identity and income. This typically includes:
- A government-issued ID like Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter ID, passport, etc.
- Address proof like utility bills, rental agreement, etc. in your name
- Income proof like salary slips, Form 16, bank statements, etc. showing your income
- A digital photo of yourself
How long does the application process take?
The time it takes to get approved for an SBI credit card can vary depending on the card you apply for and whether your application requires further verification. Typically, the process takes:
- 3 to 7 business days if your application is approved automatically
- Up to 14 business days if your application requires manual verification of documents
- Longer for premium cards that require higher income and credit requirements
You can check the status of your SBI credit card application on the bank’s website or mobile app.
Will a credit check be done?
Yes, SBI will conduct a credit check when you apply for a credit card to determine your creditworthiness. Your credit score and report will be accessed to check your payment history, credit utilization, income, existing debts, etc. A good credit score will improve your chances of approval and may qualify you for a higher credit limit. If you have a low score, you may need to provide additional documents to support your application.
Can I apply for multiple SBI credit cards at once?
It is not advisable to apply for multiple SBI credit cards simultaneously. Doing so can negatively impact your credit score since multiple hard inquiries will be made on your credit report. It is best to apply for one SBI credit card, use it responsibly for at least 6-12 months, and then you can consider applying for another card if needed. This approach will also increase your chances of approval for future applications.
So there you have it, a step-by-step guide to applying for an SBI credit card online. The process is pretty straightforward if you have the required documents ready. Just make sure you read through the terms and conditions carefully before submitting your application. Once approved, your new SBI credit card will be on its way to you in no time. Use it responsibly by making payments on time and staying within your credit limit. Your credit score will thank you, and you’ll be enjoying all the rewards and benefits of your new SBI credit card. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and apply today!